Start Accepting Credit Cards
Here is an example product that allows for sellers to pay with Credit Cards: https://rocketr.net/buy/ferrari. Here is an example of tracking you can use to fight potential disputes: https://rocketr.net/track/6e7563efed0e
To accept credit card payments, all you need is a Stripe account. If you don’t already have an account, it’s okay–you can automatically create an account while enabling Stripe on your Rocketr account.
First, visit https://rocketr.net/seller/settings/payments. Then click on the blue button that says “Connect with Stripe”:
Then it will take you to the following page:
If you don’t have an account already, just fill out some basic information about yourself (to Stripe, this information NEVER touches Rocketr’s servers) and click on the create account button on the bottom of the page.
If you already have an account, click on the sign in button on the top right corner and it will take you here:
Just click on Connect my Stripe account and you will be all set.
Note: Just like Bitcoin and Perfect Money options, Rocketr transaction fees apply to stripe payments as well.
Fraud Prevention Settings
One of the downsides of accepting credit card payments is that sometimes malicious users try to make unauthorized purchases. However, Rocketr offers a few options that you can use to prevent the fraudulent charges. You can edit these settings (enabled by default) by visiting https://rocketr.net/seller/settings/payments.
You can block previous scammers, proxies and VPNS on a product by product basis for all payment methods. However, unique to stripe you can:
- Automatically refund payments with a risk level of ELEVATED
- Stripe assigns an elevated risk level to payments that increased chance of being fraudulent.
- Rocketr will automatically refund payments that have a risk level of elevated (including application fee) if this enabled.
- If the address the user provided when purchasing the product does not match address on the credit card statement, Rocketr will automatically refund payments (including application fee).
- If the Zip Code/Postal Code the user provided when purchasing the product does not match zip/postal code on the credit card statement, Rocketr will automatically refund payments (including application fee).
- If the CVC Code the user provided when purchasing the product does not match the CVC code for that credit card, Rocketr will automatically refund payments (including application fee).
Note: Rocketr will automatically refund payments that have the highest fraud level detected by Stripe or if all three (CVC, address and zip code) checks fail.
You can learn more about Fraud Prevention by clicking here.